- Provides consistently great tasting water for point of use water coolers and drinking water systems by reducing sediment and chlorine taste and odor
- Reduces parasitic protozoan cysts* and water-borne bacteria¹ using a 0.2 micron nylon membrane wrapped around carbon block media (models AP3-C762M, AP3-C1102M)
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for fast cartridge change-outs without a need for a filter wrench
- SQC encapsulated cartridges reduce contamination during change-outs
- FDA CFR-21 Compliant Materials131
We designed 3M™ Water Filtration Products AP3 Series replacement cartridges for main feed point of use water coolers and drinking water systems. Our filter systems incorporate a VH3 head platform design that allows only 3M™ Water Filtration Products AP3 Series replacement cartridges to be used.
We offer a choice of different filter media solutions to solve a range of water quality issues. Depending on the model, cartridges in the 3M™ Water Filtration Products AP3 Series line are effective in reducing chlorine taste and odour and sediment. The cartridges that use the nylon membrane wrapped carbon block filtration media reduce sediment down to 0.2 micron and, also depending on model, reduce parasitic protozoan cysts (Cryptosporidium and Giardia) along with water-borne bacteria¹. Two different cartridge sizes, each with a different rated capacity, offer the best cartridge option to help meet the cartridge life expectancy for better equipment protection and effective contaminant reduction. Our innovative Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated design, which was an industry first for this application, allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs without having to contact the filter media or the need for a filter wrench. About Carbon Filtration In many filtration applications, carbon is often the preferred media of choice to adsorb impurities. Carbon is highly effective due to the vast surface area contained within a small footprint. As effective as carbon is, activated carbon is even more effective. Activated carbon is made of small clusters of carbon atoms, and is produced by heating the carbon source (coal, lignite, wood, nutshells or peat) in the absence of air. Adsorption is the adhesion of atoms, ions, or molecules from a gas, liquid, or dissolved solid to a surface. This process differs from absorption, where the fluid permeates or is dissolved and held within the filter media. When adsorption is in play, the water, or other fluid to be filtered, passes through the carbon capturing contaminants** and effectively reducing them. Filters that employ activated carbon are rated by the size of the particles they can reduce, as measured in micron. This nominal micron rating can range from 50 microns down to as small as 0.5, more than adequate to filter s
- Use with chlorine taste and odour filter for POU water coolers, vending machines and post-mix systems